Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Just. take. your. vitamins!

It's almost 9:30, and we have yet to start our school day. My eldest is currently distracted from his breakfast by a kid's show (yes, they watch television sometimes) that the girls earned by finishing their breakfast and putting away their dishes. This tv watching is supposed to occur while one of the other children has his or her school day. My 7 year old, however, is so very easily distracted. I think it's partly the nature of boys (I do not have any other boys yet to test this theory), and partly just the nature of my 7 year old. When on a daily regimen of vitamins and little to no milk (possibly gluten, too), he is as charming as can be and not quite as distracted as usual. (maybe just as much as his mom- why am I blogging and not shepherding him through the schedule???? See previous posts).

I'm partially blogging now to maintain a presence in the kitchen by the table so the previously noted easily distract-able 7 year old has company while he finishes his job.

Me: Eat!

P: Okay. just let me see what they're watching. (he leaves before I can respond,then comes back).

Me: P, take your vitamins.

P: Okay-- oh! I'm bleeding!! (it's a paper cut. he rushes to the medicine cabinet for a bandaid).

Me, after he returns: Come on, let's go!

P: Okaaaay, okaaay. (he finds some silly putty to play with-- why wasn't it put away yesterday so he wouldn't find it today???)

Me: P, take your vitamins before I have to write a note to you father. (he'll see this post anyway).

P: Okay!!! Okaaay! (he is still playing with silly putty. please excuse me as I remove it from his hand.)

I'm back, silly putty in hand.

He eats standing up. He just tried to sneak past my very good peripheral vision-- somewhere around four times.

I can hear him playing with the lid to the yogurt. Why, oh why, can't he just take his vitamins?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment