Monday, April 19, 2010

Good Shepherd Sunday

The bishop of our diocese came to celebrate a Low Mass for Good Shepherd Sunday yesterday. My husband and I are sometimes singers in the choir there, and were honored to be a part of it. I was a bit of a crank though, because of the sound presence of the 1962 missal. There was so much commotion, because the congregation kept responding to the bishop every time he'd say something like "Dominus vobiscum" and they even said the Pater Noster with him!! Blech. I really wish people would realize that 1962 wasn't so great of an idea, even if it was the most recent Traditional Mass. Just because it was "Traditional" doesn't necessarily make it Traditional. I know there's a whole contingent out there that uses "the little grey cells" (thanks, Poirot) and sees the error of 1962.

Anyway.

A friend of mine has nice pictures on her blog. It is so nice to see so many priests together in cassocks! www.trinityacres.blogspot.com

We also are blessed to have a new priest in our area (and I really mean in our area- the aforementioned place -where the bishop came-is an hour north of us. We usually go an hour south to Rockford, IL--we love the Institute of Christ the King!). He's a Franciscan, and looking to begin an order devoted to Our Lady of Good Success, I think. It will be exclusively Traditional. For now, we're taking it with a grain of salt and will move forward carefully. We aren't keeping our children from the Novus Ordo just to let a supposedly traditional order bring in some hogwash peripherally. He comes from New York , I hear, and has moved to Albany, WI. (intended connection to NY, I don't know) he's recorded for Keep the Faith, and used to give parish missions. Fr. Isaac Mary Relyea. Here's hoping for a daily Mass less than 20 minutes away!

No comments:

Post a Comment