I'm still surprised that people I meet in public are so astounded that I have four children. Perhaps it's because I'm regularly surrounded by families with 7-12 children (some of whom are still fertile, so that number will continue to grow), so in my mind, four is little. They always say "You must be so busy!!!" accompanied by some sort of non-verbal sound of disbelief/disgust.
So, maybe "Big" family is defined as anything bigger than 3-- you have to leave allowance for the "oops" baby, you know. (I feel so sorry for the child that is labelled as such-- the poor thing's self confidence must be in the basement and the sense that s/he is really loved out the window).
Also, I wouldn't want to not be "sooo busy". What would I do with my time if my children sat around banging blocks together? I think I'd go nuts.
Well, I gotta get back to those banged blocks---I've got adventurous children after all-- and Lent, too. (oh, yeah, that's still going on).

No comments:
Post a Comment