Anyway, I digress.
The Great Homeschooling Tip.
Well, partly because of the above items, I am hunkering down to get control of my lack of organizational skills in homeschooling and the home in general. I've read so many tips, and am trying to implement them in my own way. I just came across this one on CHC's website of "virtual conference". I paste it below, in hopes that I have permission.
"2) The 365-Day Drawer
Now, fortunately I devised our Weekly Assignment Sheets fairly early in our homeschooling venture. Not so with my next tip which developed only a few years ago, and how I wish I had back materials for it that I've thrown out! What am I talking about? It's nothing more than a file cabinet drawer full of 365 manila folders-—one for each day of the year. After I bribed my kids to help me label each tab (January 1, January 2, etc.), I placed into each folder information I'd accumulated for that day's saint(s). Ideally this was a brief biography, a prayer, and a picture. Sometimes it was just a scribbled note telling me there was a story about St. Elizabeth of Hungary in such-and-such a book on such-and-such a page. Eventually I started adding more things to the folders that were keyed to dates:
Now, fortunately I devised our Weekly Assignment Sheets fairly early in our homeschooling venture. Not so with my next tip which developed only a few years ago, and how I wish I had back materials for it that I've thrown out! What am I talking about? It's nothing more than a file cabinet drawer full of 365 manila folders-—one for each day of the year. After I bribed my kids to help me label each tab (January 1, January 2, etc.), I placed into each folder information I'd accumulated for that day's saint(s). Ideally this was a brief biography, a prayer, and a picture. Sometimes it was just a scribbled note telling me there was a story about St. Elizabeth of Hungary in such-and-such a book on such-and-such a page. Eventually I started adding more things to the folders that were keyed to dates:
a) Reminders when to begin novenas
b) Photos of relatives whose anniversaries of death were that day
c) Anniversaries of sacraments received
d) Ideas for upcoming holy day projects, recipes, stories
e) Birthday cards to act upon in enough time for mailing, and so on.
The mind boggles and the file folders grow fat."
So I am investing in 365 file folders and file storage space. To quote a brother-in-law: "This'll be great." And I mean it.

No comments:
Post a Comment