Our family is on the verge of a one month's vacation to Ireland. When family and friends asked us to keep them updated, I heartily agreed (I was planning on it anyway). But then I had to decide the best route. How much time would I be willing to spend on sharing our stories and pictures? For I wouldn't want to spend too much time in front of the computer while on the Emerald Isle. If I post pictures to FB, and then send a separate email to family/friends not on FB (and they deserve more than a slew of photos there), it becomes quite an involved process. So that leads me here.
I'm still debating, but there may be a bunch of new posts here this month, maybe not. If any earlier "promises" from previous posts stand, it's probably closer to "not." But we'll see.
This leads me to a little rambling regarding this blog (I am prone to ramble, you know).
1-I've cleaned up some posts a bit. This blog was mostly started as a writing exercise, to get my thoughts out on "paper" and share anecdotes, tidbits, and what-not. I was always more comfortable writing for an unknown audience. Now that others closer to me may see it (outside the few who already knew about it, and can overlook my very human flaws) I have been looking at my blog in a new light. I probably should have looked at it that way long ago.
From the beginning, I've avoided using full names to protect people's (and my) privacy. I have never intended to post anything that could be taken in an insulting way. I very much love all my family and think the world of them (if only everyone can have such wonderful blood relatives and in-laws!). So, here's my formal apology if something seems remiss. Please take everything with the best intention with which it was written.
2. Some updates:
I'm expecting baby number 5 this fall. So, that is quite a damper to the weight loss war I started, and was losing (the war, not the weight) mercilessly. We did purchase an elliptical, which I use occasionally (hopefully more often) with the goal of "weight transfer" as opposed to serious weight gain this time. Don't take it the wrong way--- we are over joyed at this coming little one. The kids talk about "when the new baby comes" all the time. Isn't life great?!
We have continued with Dave Ramsey. A couple months ago, we paid off all our credit cards and are now chipping away on other debt. To have those plastic things off our plate is such a relief. It is still a lot of work, and takes a lot of discipline, but we are thoroughly glad we stuck to it. (It partially makes this trip possible!)
I am no longer repairing the vestment of the late Fr. Kunz. It was a great honor, but honestly, I just didn't have the time to devote to it. Plus, a lot of it (repairing fabric itself, and embroidery) would have been a learning process. The caretakers have found a set of pros in Chicago to tackle the project. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product.
I think that's all. Well, it is all for now, because I am actually tired, and have some packing to do.
Talk to you all soon!
Jesus-is-my-boyfriend music
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment