It has been at least 6 months of a stagnant weight level-- still too high to admit. No, I haven't officially exercised, but don't all the family hikes and neighborhood walks count? Apparently not. So, I'm taking a revolutionary path towards weight-loss: I have declared war on the baby weight by....
Cutting my hair. Eight-and-a-half inches didn't even weigh a pound, which I hoped with the thick tresses I carry around. However, I was at the brink and needed some symbolic action to proclaim my sincerity. Now, every day that I look into the mirror, I will remember my declaration.
You know what? In the week since the shearing, I've lost two pounds, and it's stayed off for two days, which for me is an indicator of the scale not tricking me.
Cutting my hair hasn't suddenly resulted in a sky-high metabolism (man, wouldn't it be great?). I did come upon a great article, well-timed, from Dr. Mercola, that gave me an idea worth trying. He calls it "Peak 8", and what's great is it only takes a few minutes up to 30. And I can do it with children, inside- they have a blast.
Here's what the idea is: warm up with walking for a little bit, then go all out for 30 seconds (we ran in place like crazy), then walk for 90 seconds. Work up to 8 run-like-crazy repetitions. Do this two-three times a week. Obviously, combined with good nutrition and strength training, it works.
I did not add any strength training because I'm already lugging around a 25 pound 11 month old, walking a dog, and homeschooling. I already eat healthy, and need to take in enough calories to nurse and sustain the aforementioned 11m.o.
So, I lost two pounds. Fluke? I'm not certain. It has, however, encouraged me to keep it up, and ultimately, any extra movement is helpful.
If you want to learn more about the Peak 8, go to Mercola's website and search there. Someday, I'll have time to learn the relatively simple hyper-link thingy.
Until then, you get to practice a little detective work. :-)
Jesus-is-my-boyfriend music
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment