Thursday, December 31, 2009

Yep, that's me. I'm rather happy with that image. I would have been much more critical about it when it was taken at age 22 and 125 pounds. But, ten years, four children, and 52 pounds (hey, I just had a baby!) later, I think that's a pretty nice picture. It is currently posted on my bulletin board by my computer as motivation.

How fitting I write this at the turn of the year.

I'd be really happy if I could get off the remaining 11 lbs. from this pregnancy before the snow melts. Then I can focus on the baby weight I should have gotten off years ago. (We are thankfully in a locale rather suitable for walking and biking- two great family outings! But it's a frozen tundra out there right now, and even my jogging-in-the-cold-and-loving-it husband isn't getting out much either. )

Motherhood, however, has been rather "generous" to me, and even if I did get trim again, there are certain features that won't slim down. My nursling thanks me daily, even though she can't speak ;) .

My husband sees the picture, and every evening, gets my attention and says "Yeah, she's pretty good looking, but not as beautiful as my wife." (He's the best.)

Any of you have similar plans? Maybe we can be a support group for each other! Share things that work and don't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment