Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Why "Sicut Cervus"?

There are so many reasons on so many levels for this. I'll most likely come back to this on many different occasions, as time and reflection allow (so be prepared for installments). The first that comes up is this is the title of the song by G.P. de la Palestrina that introduced my husband and myself. We were part of a newly formed quartet in our all-volunteer choir, and this was the first song we would sing. I had been pining over this bass from my location in the alto section, and was finally stationed next to him! He didn't say anything, not even a "hello" that I recall, so I whispered "This is my favorite song." His eyes lit up as he looked at me and said "Really? It's mine, too!" (Insert movie line "You had me at "Hello""). We don't have to dwell on the fact that, after practice, I ever so slowly went down the stairs to give him time to catch up (wait, he had to catch up? I thought he's 6'8"?! I know, I know, guys need a little help sometimes.) He introduced himself just as I reached the bottom of the stairs. I turned to introduce myself, then immediately backed into an open door. I guess that got my Lucille-Ball similarities out of the way real fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment