Sunday, January 27, 2013

Hello Again and What I Wore Sunday

I'm baaaaack.

For now.

My college friend Dwija from House Unseen started posting a "What I Wore Sunday" post weekly, and I thought she was just getting into a fashion themed post, like how Food Renegade had "Fight Back Fridays". Well, I guess it was.

But it was more than that, too.

You see, she linked to Fine Linen and Purple which started a truly beautiful action of helping us to remember that it's still good to wear your "Sunday best" to church each week. There are a number of reasons this is good.

In no particular order, dressing your best for Mass reminds you you are there for Someone special, Who deserves for you to put forth a little extra effort for Him.

You dressing your best despite having to wrangle children helps set an example and raises the bar in your parish for other women to follow-- in a non-competive, non-vain way. ( We must remember to not be vain about it, but be motivated by our love of God and neighbor, and a desire to imitate our lovely Blessed Mother, the most beautiful of all women).

Wearing a nice outfit that has a little forethought helps your family remember that You are someone special--not just the baby feeding-house cleaning-laundry washing-stained sweatpants wearing homeschool marm. You are someone to be noticed and loved.

Your husband sees the woman he loves, undoubtably, anyway. However, the image of his slack-jaw look at me this morning when I came down is seared in my memory and reminds both him and me that we are lovers, husband and wife, and not just parents.

Finally, what comes from the above is that it builds you. You feel a little less frumpy, a little less thrown-up upon, and a little more womanly.

So, without further ado, I will try to comply a bit with the rules, which require me posting a picture of myself, even though I'm not too eager to do so. Deep breath---

Shirt- a gift. I think it's Sonoma, so from Kohl's? And the skirt, I made from an easy pattern. Sorry for the blur, it turns out Baby J had his greasy fingers on the lens part. Yes, short sleeves in the bleak mid-winter of SC Wisconsin. We're tough here. Maybe, but I just don't have a lot of long sleeve shirts and my desired cardi was dirty.

My boots are from JCPenny's, about 4 years ago. If you go to Dwija's website, she had riding type boots that she wears all.the.time. I think it must be a thing to have riding boots that you can always wear.

So.

There you have it.