Thursday, June 23, 2011

Getting on the wagon (again)

My friend Dwija over at  House Unseen, Life Unscripted, has inspired me to get back over to FlyLady and get on the wagon. I had found the FlyLady some time ago, and had managed a bit of a routine. However, Life tends to get in the way, and my routine fell by the wayside.

Dwija has found her now, and is blogging about it. Today, she talked about getting the monkey off. This is basically the idea to start a workout routine. I am currently 22 weeks along with baby number 5, so I can't expect to lose weight, but I do hope to maintain my weight much better than with previous pregnancies. (There also is research that women who keep an exercise regimen grow smaller babies. With my most recent coming in at a svelte 10 pounds 8 ounces, I'm keen to do what I can to keep them at least under 10, shall we say?)

While I haven't followed the exact "couch to 5k" routine, I am finding comfort in others taking on the challenge. I'm challenging myself to 25 minutes of walking every day. Today I managed it. I put the two littlest in the double stroller, and the two biggest hopped on their bikes. It was only a neighborhood walk, but nice. (by the way, I noticed absolutely NO children out playing! What's up with that?)

So, Dwija, my sink is fairly clean-- fabulous, compared to most days-- and I hope to keep that one up. The counters on either side look great, too! If I'mm going walking every day, I have to dispose of my barefoot ways and be dressed to shoes tied. Next, I'll see what I can catch up on in the Master Bedroom zone this week-- and may have the kids treat their rooms as master bedrooms and hopefully theirs will get clean, too! I can dream right?

No comments:

Post a Comment